Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
HRDWRK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Washington
THOR #3419
First trip and few basic questions

HI There:

Finally after owning this RV (Chateau 28Z) for two months, we are taking it for the first ride, I really mean the first ride! This our first RV and this is our first trip. It is going to be just a 24 hours trip which happened to happen!
Since it has been over 2 months since we took delivery of the unit, despite all the note we took during delivery procedure and all the you tube videos that I have been watching, I have come across a few very basic (maybe stupid )question which I would I appreciate the answer for them.

- When I connected the unit to the main water supply at my home (and later when I fill the tank to flush the tank and test the pump), water just trickles from chicken sink while if flow well from bathroom sink and shower. I don't see or hear any more air. Any ideas as to why?
- How the hot water tank gets filled up?! If I am connected to water supply (or if the tank is full) does that fill the water heater automatically? The unit has been de-winterized and I don't see any bypass for water heater (I don't have anything in my notes). I try to relieve the air in water heater by opening the valve on top of it but I don't see any water coming out even when I am connected to water supply.
- Our unit has electric/gas water heater. If I am connected to water supply and electricity, does the water heater works like a household unit? meaning just keeping the hot water hot?
- Some of the lights which work with light switch are extremely dim even when the unit is connect to electrical supply (not just on battery) while the light in bedroom which is not on light switch is nice and bright. Does different lights in the unit just use the house battery even if the unit is connected to electricity? Does this mean the hose battery is dead?

We knew the best option would be camp in it in our driveway but we couldn't make that happen due to life/work issue. Now this 24 hours trip has come up and we thought to take advantage of it.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post and these very basic questions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.