Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Camping world?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 11:30 AM   #20
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Technically you should be able to "split" the signals coming out of the OBD-II port. All modern cars use CAN (Control-Area-Network) which is an ethernet like network.

Putting two devices on the OBD-II port would be similar to getting a network hub and plugging two computers into a single network jack. Although I'm not sure if a scangauge and one of these would play well together. They would both be requesting the same info from the engine computer at the same time. I would think you could only use one at a time because the protocol over CAN really only allows for one diagnostic tool to request information. Thus one would win over the other (if they boot up at different rates I'd guess the last one to request engine parameters would win--used to work in Ford Parts & Service on the dealership diagnostic tool).

Those look really intriguing; I was considering a scan gauge but these look cooler! LOL

Looking through an Amazon search: Amazon HUD Search
It looks like most of the "A8" ones are the same thing; just branded differently (and varying prices).

Note: Went to woot this morning and they are sold out.

Another thought would be to use a cellphone OBD2 adapter with an app--just put your phone on the dash. I couldn't find any in the play store though (I do have the OBDLink MX thought I'd give that a try--Note that one is bluetooth which won't work with iPhones, if you want to get one to use with iPhones get the WiFi Version: OBD Link WiFi). I've used mine with FORScan and found that the Axis has only 3 modules on the network LOL (Engine, trans, and GEM) where my EV had over 20!.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum