Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #6
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Roadmaster Invisibrake installed in my 2010 Jeep Wrangler...
Once installed - only have to hookup one additional wire between toad and MH for the brake monitor light - and the break-away cable... and they run together mounted right next to each other on each end.

Never noticed a braking difference with/without the Wrangler behind me - exactly what it should do in my opinion.

Several good choices out there - primary questions to answer for yourself:
  • 'Permanent' install vs Portable - permanent is easier to hookup for trip and nothing to remove/store/setup... Portable is easier to move from vehicle to vehicle... Really isn't much of a price difference.
  • Power brakes utilized vs. 'dead pedal' - some systems (more often the 'permanent') provide vacuum to use the toad's power brakes... or work with hydroboost system in some cars. Others push harder on the 'dead pedal' to brake without power assist.
  • Proportional, progressive, or fixed braking- How the systems responds to your differences in braking - from light pressure to emergency stop.
  • Brakes activated by brake lights, inertia changes... - some systems activate only when brake lights are activated. Others sense inertia changes and might apply toad brakes when you are using engine braking in MH...
Several other threads in the forum on different systems and questions... Search works well...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.