Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 06:15 PM   #13
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin54 View Post
We have had our miramar 34.2 for 14 months. It has spent 5 months in the shop. The toilet still does not flush properly. Every camping trip has entailed snaking the toilet at least twice. The dealer swears there are no obstructions and that it was repaired. My wife was sold on the outside kitchen, but a trade may be in order to a non-Thor product.
The toilet on the 34.2 is in a bad place! The toilet is on the opposite side of the black holding tank. This means when you flush solids with paper, the "stuff" has to down approx 5-6 inches, then makes a 45 deg turn and travels across the coach to the black tank, makes another 45-90 deg turn then drops into the black tank!!!

We had the exact same problem with our 34.2. For us the only solution was to use a lot and I mean a lot of water to flush waste across to the tank!! By a lot of the water I mean fill the toilet 3/4 full of water. Do your business, flush and let water run for at least 5 seconds. Then fill the bowl a second time 3/4 full with water and flush again.

This for us was the only way to keep from having to snake the toilet. I was having to snake that toilet a lot like you! The obvious downside was I was having to dump the black tank every other day, that's with 2 people. If we had a guest or one of the kids, it was being dumped practically every day!! Now that sucked!!!

We now have a 33.5 and the toilet is directly over the black tank, we can now go 4 or 5 days straight without having to dump the black tank which is so much nicer!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.