Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RPM question
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 01:05 AM   #3
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
The 'miles to empty' is a gauge on when you need to refuel - but not completely accurate to calculate actual mileage... it adjusts assuming your current driving conditions continue till end of tank...
In my car I can start a trip with 60 miles to go - get on the highway for 30 miles and still have 45 miles to go...
I'd suggest filling tank and recording odometer - then compare at next fillup and calculate actual mileage.

Your RPMs sound about right... I'd expect slightly better mileage if not towing.

2014 Hurricane - I've gotten about 8mpg not towing and in the 6-7 range when fully loaded (close to max weight) and towing approx 4000 lbs (and not all flat...) Haven't calculated this last long trip yet. (I also don't typically stay at 60-65 unless weather/road conditions are bad... I know I pay a price for that too.)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum