Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 06:25 PM   #19
Delco Bobby

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
The toilet on the 34.2 is in a bad place! The toilet is on the opposite side of the black holding tank. This means when you flush solids with paper, the "stuff" has to down approx 5-6 inches, then makes a 45 deg turn and travels across the coach to the black tank, makes another 45-90 deg turn then drops into the black tank!!!

We had the exact same problem with our 34.2. For us the only solution was to use a lot and I mean a lot of water to flush waste across to the tank!! By a lot of the water I mean fill the toilet 3/4 full of water. Do your business, flush and let water run for at least 5 seconds. Then fill the bowl a second time 3/4 full with water and flush again.

This for us was the only way to keep from having to snake the toilet. I was having to snake that toilet a lot like you! The obvious downside was I was having to dump the black tank every other day, that's with 2 people. If we had a guest or one of the kids, it was being dumped practically every day!! Now that sucked!!!

We now have a 33.5 and the toilet is directly over the black tank, we can now go 4 or 5 days straight without having to dump the black tank which is so much nicer!
Am I correct in understanding that those Miramar coaches that have the toilet on the curb/passenger side are the ones with the troublesome toilet flushing issue?

If so, I will have to change my next RV want list.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum