Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: LED lighting.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I used a strip very much like that on the awning tube (my 2014 didn't come with LED lights...) ran the wiring along with the power awning supply line. The controller unit is not waterproof - so keep it sheltered. (If you find a waterproof verson - let me know...)

Added non waterproof strips - both RGB and warm white inside the RV as well for indirect lighting.

Replaced virtually all interior bulbs (not the one IN the microwave) with LED replacement bulbs.

One item to note is voltage - especially on the individual bulb replacements (the strips I have used have all been fine so far...)
Look for individual bulbs rated HIGHER than 12volt... Everything I bought was rated 12-24Volt...
Our 12v systems actually run in excess of 13volts - and have seen some examples of overheating, frying, smoking 12v bulbs.
All lights remain cool to touch even after being on for hours.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.