Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 11:42 PM   #6
andy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis
State: New Jersey
THOR #3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgebo View Post
We live in the Daytona area, and travel Florida a lot. If you keep the front windshield shade down, as well as all the shades, you will be comfortable. Huge amounts of heat come in through the front windshield. That is the main source of interior heat. I use a reflective folding panel that covers the entire glass on the inside. I put up the reflective accordion panel, and drop the front shade behind it to hold it in place. These shades are available at any RV store. The Vegas is quite well insulated, so the 15,000 btu unit works well. We also have an oscillating stick fan that circulates the air and helps maintain an even cool temperature inside the coach. When we travel, I hang a blanket from the front overhead bunk down to the floor behind the driver and passenger seat. This keeps the front cabin much cooler, as the dash air cannot cool the entire coach. You could also run the generator and roof air while driving. I did install a dashmat that does help keep the coach cooler and much quieter when driving. it is surprising how a dashmat can quiet the coach from engine and road noise.
Can you share what dashmat you purchased? Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum