Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 03:54 PM   #16
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
...cut...

Chance... I viewed the video on the Adco .. is it semi-transparent like the Sunguard ? Not that it is the important, just curious. I read a couple reviews on Amazon...some critical...what is your opinion...considering it is price friendly, compared to the Sunguard ?
Thankyou !
I've had two; both the same. The first was on my Ford Class C, and I now have another on my Ford van. Attached is picture I copied off Internet (not my RV). Mine where both plain white vinyl although I see on their Website that they have other models with panels that must have other functions.

Mine are not transparent, although you can see a little background light compared to total darkness. We always use it for privacy even if not needed to keep sun out. It also helps a little to keep inside warm in winter (not much, but a little).

I have no experience with Sunguard so I can't compare to each other. On my van the Adco does an even better job than on Class C because the Class C had an overhang over windshield, whereas van's windshield is much more exposed to sun.

The van is also smaller, so having cover on outside makes the inside feel larger. It gives us better access to using and placing things on front seats and dash.

We normally only stay in one place overnight, but even if staying a week we leave it on. And the loss of visibility is a downside, although it would only take 5 minutes to remove if the view was worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1750  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.