Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #1
pdeter

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #940
Four Winds and Freedom Elite

I have been on this forum now for over a year and have learned many things from many people about RV'ing and the troubles/joys associated with this way of life or recreation. But, why is there so few posts associated specifically with the Four Winds or Freedom Elite Class C? Are they so well made that nobody has any complaints? I must say that I have had mine for 2 years and have only had two warranty issues. Everything else I have done has been for my/my wife's benefit at our request. That being said, one of the things I really like about this forum is the chance to share what has been done to our coaches. What others have done to their much bigger class A doesn't help me much with my class C. There has to be some out there that have come up with ingenious ways to improve storage and functionality. Come on Thor Class C'ers let's her them.

Here is a list of what I have done to my 2015 Freedom Elite 28H:
1. Had the vanity above the bathroom sink cut in half so I could get my big head over the sink and stop upsetting my dear wife with the messes being made while shaving.
2. Purchased OEM covers for the kitchen sink. Counter space is horrible in my coach and this plus a cover for the stove helped a lot.
3. Installed a TV bracket and cable outlet near the front door so we can move the bedroom TV outside.
4. Installed Big Foot automatic leveling system.
5. Had RV armor coating installed on the roof.
6. Installed a TPMS system.
7. Installed a Progressive Industries power management system.
8. Installed a sleep number mattress.
9. Replaced the shower head with a much better one but can't remember the name.
10. Installed a turbo wash system on the black water tank.
11. Installed a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer.

I think that is all for now. Hope to hear some good ideas that I can use.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum