Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #13
Toad Haul

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31L
State: Indiana
THOR #1477
Love our Four Winds!

We upgraded from a 26ft trailer to a Four Winds 31L last year. We absolutely love it. We've done a few simple mods, more as "wants" than needs. Once we got the steering alignment tighten up to higher specs this thing drives like a dream. I think it's a little loud, but nothing we can't live with. I've seen some posts of insulating the engine cover to reduce noise and may try that sooner or later.

We've changed a few things like the shower head and thermostat, but that's about it....

- DW made a great cover for the step well so the dogs wouldn't end up down there while driving.
- Added a TPMS system
- We have the over-cab entertainment center and love it. I did put in a mounting layout behind the television to store/protect all of my fishing poles and to keep them out of the way.
- Installed a towel rod on/above the bathroom vanity to secure lotions, body wash bottles, shaving cream, etc. that way everything is right at hand and doesn't take up other space.
- used a nice cutting board and rubber door stops to make a stove surface cover for more counter space. But, the nice thing about the 31L and a huge selling point for us is that it already has a lot of counter space.

Overall, we're thrilled with the Four Winds and have had only one or two issues that were promptly corrected by our local Camping World (not even where we bought the rv) and Thor.
Toad Haul is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum