Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #3
groswald

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
We're not full-timers, but my wife often works from the road - literally.

We use Verizon for cell and data services. In most parts of the country we've visited their service has been sufficient although she hasn't tried full-motion video. She uses Magic-Jack as her business-voice provider. With a laptop, cell phone, and wireless hot spot she works while I'm driving down the road.

I run the generator when she needs a boost to her laptop battery, but I plan to add an inverter in the not too distant future that will eliminate that requirement.

The only problems have been in parts of the country where cell service is poor or non-existent. Campground WiFi should generally be considered useless for any and all high-bandwidth activities so a good cell-plan is a must.

Regards,

Randy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum