Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 03:24 AM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Welcome aboard!
Another "Non Slider"!! Yippee!!!!
There are distinct advantages by not having a slide.
ie: Less places for leaks,rattles and frustrations, lower overall maintenance, more outside storage and are a lot easier to heat and cool due to the slides normally have very little insulation..
Agree. Plus I suppose one could also argue that "Non Slider" should also lead to lighter weight, lower cost, and higher performance. Having said that, most of these disadvantages are minor to me compared to the feeling I get when inside RVs that have slides retracted.

If RV were a trailer, I may be able to deal with feeling of visual chaos a little easier because I wouldn't be riding in it. However, when I get inside most motorhomes and retract the slide(s), nothing seems to be in right place. I don't even know what to call it other than a feeling of there being clutter around me.

Since my interest is in an Axis (and all floorplans have slides), I'd prefer Thor add 6 inches to a foot of extra length in lieu of a slide to make floorplan more workable.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.