Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #14
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
....cut....

Bottom line, leveling is not a drawback to slides since you need to be level for the refrigerator to operate and leveling can be done without automatic jacks.
Perhaps reports of having to level before extending slides were a little exaggerated; I don't know. As far as the fridge goes, I don't recall having to level to get it to work. My rear driveway at home is out of level enough that I wouldn't want to sleep that way, yet absorption refrigerators on my MH or rented RVs worked fine.

Many campgrounds we stay at have level concrete pads, and others allow enough flexibility in positioning a smaller RV to get it level enough. If it looks level and walking inside feels natural, that's been good enough for the refrigerators. Whether that's good enough for slides I don't know -- haven't seen specs with acceptable tolerances.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum