Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
DocMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
TaketheDive,

We got our 2016 Vegas 24.1 on 30May15. And I agree that a good Dealership makes all the difference in the world as there will be some blemishes and warts that will need to be dealt with. Below is our story!

THE BAD: We had several items we noted on the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) - get bevedfelker's Owners Manual it has a good one in it - fortunately all were taken care of by the Dealership, Camping World of Statesville NC...a great crew and I now have the parts manager - Nicole's - email address memorized.

Our unit had a Safety Recall on the Heater/AC, again taken care of by the Dealership.

There was a thread started here by a fellow Vegas owner (Oneal I believe) dealing with the transmission cable being improperly run too close to the Exhaust System. That too was taken care of thru the Dealership and a Ford Dealership.

A front end alignment was needed and after much correspondence Thor paid it. To help, at least for me, with the drivability I went to the Safe-T-Plus plant in Georgia to purchase the Safe-T-Plus have it installed (free install) at the plant. Now it's driving with just two fingers instead of two fisted driving.

My only real "UGLY" was the Harris Batteries in the Coach. Apparently they were at deaths doorstep when I got the unit and after three trips (with deep cycle charging) they would not hold a charge and were declared "Sulfate Dead". Then the finger pointing began: Harris said it was the WFCO charger's fault so Warranty DENIED (they even have a form letter already typed up for just this situation). WFCO said it was Harris Batteries fault so Warranty DENIED. Thor said they do not even warranty Coach Batteries. Bottom line after less than 5 months I had to purchase two new EXIDE Batteries out of pocket. I am still working with Thor on this one.

The GOOD is that the 24.1 has preformed well since the new batteries. We did the following MOD's to make it "Our" Vegas or as the DW calls her "Ms. Enterprise" (to boldly go...):
1. Screen to protect radiator, see thread this forum.
2. HUD (Heads Up Display), see thread this forum.
3. Computerized Unit with an Infortainment Center over sink, see thread this forum.
4. Swapped the couch for two Recliners , see threads this forum.
5. Installed outside solar powered motion detector, see thread this forum.
6. Stairwell cover to allow placement of pet bed out of the way, see thread this forum.
7. THE ARC shower rod (your new one should have this).
8. Spare Tire mount utilizing a Curt mount in the rear receiver, see thread this forum.
9. A fishing pole storage rack in the storage space under the driver's and passanger's seats, see thread this forum.
10. Securely Installed small gun safe in a secret place to store valuables when we are out of the RV.

Plans are to add a Tornado Black Tank Rinser, an exterior WiFi antenna, a foot rest in the co-pilot seat (DW is 4'10" and her feet don't touch the ground when seated), a storage system for the "stinky slinky" (sewer hose) plus some other cool stuff fellow RVer's will post on this Forum.

I hope you and your father have a great time traveling.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum