Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #12
RobbieH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1532
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post
OK I'll bite, How did you fix w/ welding wire ?
I held the shade up to the broken bracket and wrapped it around the two. Same as you'd do with bailing wire.

Thor did send new brackets. For all the windows except the bedroom window, I was able to install four brackets for each shade. I also used wallboard bolts (molly bolts) and two screws per bracket rather than the way the factory did it which was no wallboard bolts and one screw per bracket. For the bedroom, it was impossible to install four brackets for the shade. It broke again two weeks ago. We gave up and installed a curtain using a spring tension rod inside the valance. So far it as worked great. In fact, it seems we like the curtain better than the window shades.

I had pictures, but I don't know where I put them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum