Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 10:46 PM   #1
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
New Vegas Curtains

As I had mentioned in another thread, I went down to the storage yard where we keep our 2015 Vegas 24.1. I was going to take it for fuel. As I was opening the front curtains, the white liner of the EOM curtain turned into a snow storm as it disintegrated upon opening the curtain. Several owners have discussed how the lining in the original curtain lining doesn't last more than a year when exposed to the sun.

Since we didn't want to reuse the gold fiberglass type original curtains, my wife bought some 100% cotton upholstery material from Joanne's Fabrics. She picked a country red and white herringbone design. We gently removed the white looped trim on the original curtains and reused it to attached the wheel track hangers on the new curtains. She used the old curtain as the pattern for the new.

She is going to use the same material for decorative pillows on the twin beds and we are looking for twin sized spreads in the same color for the beds.

Attached pictures so the finished product.Click image for larger version

Name:	Curtain1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1871

Click image for larger version

Name:	Curtain2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1872
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.