Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
maximusdecimus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: Ohio
THOR #4150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
1. I'd get both the engine and the generator's oil changed--or have the dealer get it done as a condition of the sale.

2. Its the same as a Class-C as its the same E-Series chassis underneath

3. Only if you want a brand spanking new unit with all its problems; presumably the previous owner fixed everything (or got so disgusted with it they dumped it). Note that the Axis/Vegas lines have seen a bit better quality than your average Thor unit..not sure why but that is what appears by all the posts on this forum.

4. I don't know.

Want to see what a 25.1 can do, check out 48 in 366 they are taking a 25.1 to every National Park in the lower 48 all through this year (and visiting many many State Parks in between). Lots and lots of miles going on that unit...

Great, I appreciate your advice. I was thinking that with a used one that has this many miles, perhaps they took care of a lot of the issues that I have seen being reported by people who purchase new.. Again I could be totally wrong but I am also saving almost $30,000 by buying a used one so I have to look at that as well.

One thing that turned us off about the class c with the overhang bed on top of the cab was that it seemed to be affected by wind quite a bit. If we would pass a semi I had to keep very tight control over the steering wheel. That was the main gripe with it. It was also pretty bumpy and noisy. We were thinking that hopefully this unit being a class A would help with those issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.