Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #1
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Tow Dolly: Kar Kaddy VS Acme VS Master Tow and others

I am looking for real answers concerning these various dollies. The ACME claims their fenders cannot damage your car but your steering MUST remain unlocked on their dolly. We have a 2010 VW New Beetle and the steering locks. I am not sure if you insert the key, turn it on (unlocking the steering) and then off again will work, and I am not sure it will not drain the battery. The ACME cost less, and weighs less but I suspect the tires wear out quickly as they do not swivel. Also you must remove the ramps ....I am not sure that is a big deal or not.

The Kar Kaddy SS looks great, but costs a lot more. The wheels do swivel, but some claim this can cause damage to the sides of your auto.

I know nothing about the Master Tow and other brands. If I buy a dolly, surge brakes are a must. If you have had good experience with other brands, please tell me about it.

Also, would I be able to load the VW Beetle easily with its low ground clearance.

The more I think about it, the more unsure I am about which I should buy so I welcome all thoughts about this.

Thanking all of you in advance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.