Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I have an Acme tow dolly and have towed a Ford Escape with it for about 3000 miles now.

Our Escape has push-button start so the steering doesn't lock. You do have to leave the car in neutral for the Acme dolly. We've had the battery in the Escape die once. I've been rigging up a cable from the charge line at the 7-wire plug to keep the Escape's battery charged (its not finished yet). In the meantime we picked up one of those spare battery jumper units (also good for the RV batteries). When we're on the road I toss the ramps in the back of the toad (instead of putting them on the dolly's tongue).

So far I like the Acme dolly; it does what its supposed to do. I really doubt those tires will wear much--there are too many plies to them and there really is no side load on them. We barely notice the toad back there (many times when turning I mistake it for someone following too close! LOL).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum