Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #4
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
What I find interesting is most Class Cs I have looked at do not have a generator switch up front while most Class As I have looked at do. I believe this may have to do with the Class C chassis being a cutaway chassis with the Ford factory dash while the Class A is on a stripped chassis which generally (not always) has a dash manufactured by the motor home builder or one of their vendors. My prior class c (not a Thor) did not have any forward controls either and had a control center right inside the coach door and that center had all tank sensors, gen, light and slide switches.
I remember when shopping around, a Winny class c that had a panel with 3 or 4 switches on the dash. pretty sure one of them was for the genny.

I too was surprised ....well, not really.... knowing that these things seem to be solely driven by the all mighty BOTTOM $
But given a choice I sure would have opted for the option.

Anyway, this is something i have wanted since day one, and have thought of often, but decided durring my last trip out that I want to do this genny switch. It'll be easy, but the others not so much so I'll have to live without them.

So
any ideas on a good switch for me to look at?

here area couple of switches I found online
Genuine Onan Cummins 308 1038 Generator Rocker Start Stop Switch with Red Light | eBay

Onan RV Generator Rocker Start Switch 308 1038 | eBay

Cummins Onan 300 5331 RV Generator Start Stop Switch Remote Switch Panel | eBay

and this one with harness
Onan Factory Remote Start Stop Panel 300 5331 with 10 ft Harness 338 3489 01 | eBay

I was thinking the momentary version of this perhaps
SIERRA Contura® III Rocker Illuminated Rocker Switch, Black | West Marine

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum