Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 02:35 AM   #1
nfpa1041

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #859
Hello everyone & LCI leveling jack question

Hi all,
We took delivery of our 2014 four winds 31E a few weeks ago and finally had the chance to take it out over memorial day weekend down to Seaside, OR from Tacoma, WA. This is our first motor home. Previously had a 35ft keystone bunk house travel trailer. Enjoyed the space with five kids but not the pulling around of such a long trailer.... It's so much nicer at 32ft driving in traffic and getting around camp sites. Now to my question this model came with an auto leveling jack system made by LCI. I have not asked my dealer yet, they are having issues with their service dept, nor have I called Thor directly. The rear jacks are mounted lower than the front and seem to bottom out easily just in normal driving conditions in and out of parking lots etc.. It appears there is room to move the jacks up farther by just removing bolts.. move each jack up one/two notches then reinstall. Is there anyone out there with leveling jacks on a class "C" that's found the same thing? Is this just the way it is given it's lower stance ? I attached a picture that might make it easier to understand.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0079.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	79   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0108.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	80  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.