Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:29 PM   #6
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
As I have done more than a few times on this forum, I will state that our 2014 Vegas was a year-long nightmare to make the coach safe, roadworthy and dependable. It took an entire year of frustration, traveling back and forth to clueless Camping World for warranty repairs, doing many repairs and adjustments myself, getting new driveshafts, front-end work, dozens of calls and disagreements with Thor, over 70 items wrong with the coach. Plumbing, electrical, fit and finish, and driveability problems made us cancel 4 pre-paid camping trips. My wife even got trapped in the bathroom while we were driving down the highway, when the door latch broke. The workmanship on the entire coach was terrible, and factory QC control was non-existent. This coach should have NEVER left the factory in the deplorable condition in which we received it.
In fairness, Thor did make good on the many, many repairs and warranty issues. But, sadly Camping World was totally unfamiliar with the Vegas, and the tech people were of little help in our run-through when we took delivery, and after, for the 50-60 warranty problems we experienced. Our unit was a first-year coach, but that is not an excuse for such shoddy workmanship and very poor design. The size and some of the interesting features attracted us to the Vegas, and those things we still like about the coach. After installing a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer and front-end alignment, and many other repairs and mods, we are now happy with the Vegas. If you buy new, I have seen at various RV shows, most of the deficiencies and screw-ups we experienced have been addressed on the new Vegas motorhomes. Make sure you examine the ENTIRE coach and all its systems very carefully BEFORE you hand over any cash.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum