Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:57 PM   #7
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
We have a 2015 Vegas 24.1 and are completely happy with it. An absolute factor, and to me is the single most important one, is the quality of the service AFTER THE SALE from your dealer. Ours is exceptional. You'll find lots of complaints here on the forum. There are lots of folks here that have had great experiences as well.

Buying a new design can be problematic David in post #6 describes. But Thor has worked out a lot of the initial problems they had when they first introduced the Vegas and Axis model line. When I looked in the late 2016 early 2017 models yesterday at my dealer there is a striking improvement in fit and finish. They changed the way the bathroom door was hinged that caused many problems in early models. The windshield has been reduced in size so that there are much fewer compound curves that were prone to reduce stress cracks. They have stopped using Harris batteries. They use a Ford striped chassis with 6-speed transmission instead of the 5-speed, and some chassis are e-450 rather than e-350.

But again I go back to my first point -- research the service history of your dealer. If it's bad -- find another dealer. There is nothing worse than a dealer that has no idea how things work, or who have technicians that are not concerned with quality.

When you do decide on a purchase -- do an extensive Pre-Delivery Inspection. Take about 4 hours to inspect and make your dealer show you how everything works -- on shore power and on battery. And if the dealer is unfamiliar how the bed lowers, how the slide works, how the batteries are charged, how the TVs work on cable or antenna, and how the sewer line is connected -- by very wary.

Here is a link to a Vegas/Axis Owners' Manual and Checklist that I developed from lots of input from owner contributors here on the forum. I designed it to be a self-teaching tool for how things are supposed to work on the Axis/Vegas. I wrote it based on my 2015 Vegas 24.1, so there are variances with 2016 and 2017 floor models over that of mine. System wise it is pretty much the same for all models. The manual also contains a PDI checklist specifically designed for Vegas/Axis.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page...HbjprCUauDwH4g
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum