Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 2" riser
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #22
JBurg

Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
JBurg I think I know why your axle weight was higher weighed separately. Mine was the same weighing at WA State dOT Scales but not as much difference as yours. I think the scales are not as accurate when weighing at the edge of the platform when trying to weigh only one axle at a time. My front weighed 8,140 and rear 9,580#. Makes sense rear weighed more since my RV sits nose high.

I am wondering if Cat Scales would be more accurate weighing axles separately?

Yes I have two large slides in main area and one big bed/WD slide up above, no 4th slide.

My pin is 5,500#.
The edge thing makes sense, I agree that Cat Scales would probably be better. Maybe one day, but usually when we hit the road it is time to go! Stops are for fuel, fuel, and pottying the pups. Our Great Dane is getting up in age a bit and doesn't do so well when he spends more than 7-8 hours in the jeep, so we try to make those hours count.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.