Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 04:18 AM   #56
HRDWRK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Washington
THOR #3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
HRDWRK, has the picture quality improved over the screen on the Axxerra?

Anyone, I know HRDWRK has a different RV than I do, so I am not sure if we have the same backup camera. According to my Bill of Sale's Component Serial Numbers I have a Model RVS-770: "Camera, Rear Observation System, Kit, with Rear Sony 130 Degree CCD Camera, 5??. As fate would have it the thing tore across this particular item when I removed it from the wall of the closet so some of the numbers are missing.

Before I tackle this project has anyone been able to find out information on the camera? What I found at RearviewSafety.com show that the Camera has a cable that goes to the monitor with three plugs: Video (Yellow), DC12V (no color noted) and Audio -Optional (White).

HRDWRK did you see a white RCA plug near the Yellow Video one? Once the rains let up I think I will go exploring.

Doc
Doc: My head unit is Axxera AV614BH. The monitor I got is Generic 4.3" LCD with Resolution:480(H) x RGB x 272(V). It has two video inputs. The picture quality is the same as head unit. Yes, I saw the white RCA plug. Mine was not connected to any where. I just connected the yellow to monitor's yellow plug and then tapped to wired ignition. There was a connector in my dash that was not connected to any where. I assume it is one of the Ford factory wiring harness that has not been used in RV conversion. The connector had a ignition hot wire that I use to tap in.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum