Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 02:28 AM   #15
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Aww, what the heck, it's only money. I say go for it.
In that case I'll make sure I put one on my Christmas list.

The Tiger Bengal CX pictured above starts at $117K base price, but other larger units list well above $200K base, with lots of options on top of that. Not to mention that at 28-feet long it defeats the purpose -- can't park it in car spots. The smaller RVs based on standard cab pickup are only 21-feet long, making them more practical for this purpose.

When in college I enjoyed driving off-road enough to build myself a VW rail buggy, and still would, but an off-road motorhome would be a huge waste for us. We would realistically never camp in remote areas away from civilization. And to just drive off-road a Jeep would be a much better choice.

A couple of friends have suggested that I convert my old E-350 van to 4X4 and tow it as a toad behind a new motorhome, but that too seems wasteful (although doing the conversion sounds fun if only I had the time). Its weight in the 8,000-pound range would also make it impractical unless towing with a very large rig.

I'll keep looking to see if anyone builds a small standard Class C with proportions ideal for towing a significant-size trailer. Practically all I've seen have too long a rear overhang which would make it dangerous.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	2066  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum