Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #20
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Look into the details for the Kiravan: There is tons of communication equipment and it even carries a motorcycle to go for help if there are any problems.

....cut.....
That's great, but then what? If you are that remote, what help can you get to where the vehicle is located?

It reminds me of a dump truck that got stuck so badly on a farm that it took two large bulldozers to pull him out, but not before tearing off bumper and tow hooks right off frame. Or of a dragline that slid into muck and was just left there because there was no way for us to get it out. Not until years later.

A family member is rebuilding a Jeep with a V8 conversion, large tires, etc. to go off roading. I just tell him to have an exit strategy, because the more capable the Jeep is, the less likely you can call for a tow truck.

Don't get me wrong, I take my share of risks, and see the appeal in it. Besides, if nothing else the Kiravan looks really cool. You'd be the talk of the campground.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.