Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #10
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Bad design

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmi View Post
At 6'4" (all legs) the problem I have with our 29.3 is my legs don't actually rest on the seat. With the slide-out retracted my seat can't go as far back as I need. It is also not as high up as I would like it. So my knees stay bent to the point that my thighs sit above the seat. The result is driver fatigue because the seat does not hold my legs in place, my muscles do. I did buy a gel seat cushion and keep it slid a little bit forward to support my thighs. My DW is only 5'2" so when she drives she has problems opposite of mine.
I conclusion of this, after hearing from many is it is just a bad design. One size fits all usually means one size doesn't fit anyone. I hope Thor will address this problem in the future. Next time I buy a motorhome, the driving comfort and safety will be #1 on my list. I don't care how much glitter and extras you put on a motorhome, if you drive it (and who doesn't) comfort and safety should come first. Three TVs are not more important than driver safety and comfort.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.