Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 02:06 AM   #8
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill/Kathy View Post
The HHR is FWD and is flat towable according to the manual, MH Magazine and Remco Towing. I saw an HHR toad when we arrived at our current CG but he didn’t have time to talk other than to say he liked it. I will have to pull a fuse – some people install a toggle switch, but that’s another question.

This is what I think I will need:
Tow bars
Base plate
Braking system
Tail light kit or will the brake lights work with something like a Brake Buddy
Safety cables
I'll probably need a drop receiver because the Chateau sits high.

I didn’t think pulling a toad would be so much more involved than pulling a TT. I read the article in MH Magazine about dinghy braking systems and all I’m sure about is that I want a system I can move to another car if I want to.

Any advice is appreciated.
You are on the right track. Those are exactly the things you need. It is costly to set up for flat tow, but much more convenient than a a tow dolly. If you can keep the car for several years, you spread out the expense.

When we set up to tow, I installed a Unified Tow Brake from US Gear, rather than the brake buddy. It is mounted under the dash and the hood of the toad, so you don't have to mess with taking it in and out. The controller was easy to move from our last coach to our Vegas. For the way we travel, towing a car this way is great.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum