Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well first of all I wouldn't call the 2014 bathroom doors "crappy design" we like the design--the bathroom door design is one of the reasons we bought our 24.1. I could go without the "pin" that holds it open and closed, however. I do like how the newer doors use magnets to hold them open and closed.

Speaking of the bathroom: at some point between/during 2014 and 2015 they also changed the shower to have separate controls (our shower comes off the bathroom sink).

The ARC shower curtain rod is an easy retrofit if you get an early one without it. I put one in and having just used it this past weekend its worth the mod.

In addition: I don't think many of the 2014 front window's cracked; that started happening with the 2015 models.

I would suspect that the ability to easily swap out the chassis battery started with the swap to the E-450 chassis (which also started in the 2015/2016 time frame).

There is also a switch to a 6-speed transmission in there at some point.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.