Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I've looked under the hood of both late 2016 and the new 2017 24.1s and they have lowered the battery mount so that you can change the battery from the front instead of through the top of the dash like the 2014-15. I can just hear the engineer that did the design for the 2015, "Hey Harry I have a great idea -- let's make it so that to change the chassis battery you have to cut a hole in the top of the dash." What were they thinking?!?!? And by the way -- if you plan on changing your own oil good luck getting the oil cap off and pouring the oil in the 2014-15. It's as bad as trying to change the battery.

Like Jamie, I like the design of the bathroom door in the 2014-15. It really does provide a good changing area. I don't like the double door system like it is in the new one. The left hand door makes no sense to me at all. Why didn't they just make it a wall and be done with it. You do have to take care with the latches and pins on the double swinging door to keep from having problems or breaking something -- but my wife and I really like the old design.

The shower -- well what can you say? 27" X 27" is a bit Spartan. The new ARC rod though not increasing footprint does get the curtain out away from your body so it doesn't stick to you every time you move. Installing the ARC is on my list of future upgrades.

We like the older big windshield. I am one of the 2015 owners that suffered a stress crack. Thor replaced it under warranty. Took 3 weeks for the windshield to come from the factory to my dealer. My dealer called me when the windshield came in. The following Thursday their glass subcontractor was scheduled in and my dealer told me to drop the coach off in the AM of that morning. Windshield was changed and I picked the coach up the following day. The subcontractor explained to me how they really have to pay attention and get the fit perfect putting the windshield in so that uneven or asymmetrical stress does not occur to the windshield. The newer small window probably will not face the same stress crack proneness as the larger old one did.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.