Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
Jamie and Ed,

I apologize for calling the 2014/15 Bathroom door design crappy. I have only heard and read about it. People have described it to me and it is difficult for me to fully understand the door without seeing one intact. My wife and I saw a 2014 Vegas on Saturday, but the owners had taken the bathroom doors out of the MH and put up a curtain instead. Who knows ... my wife might love it for all we know.

Thank you for all the rest of your answers. We are thinking about buying an RV later on this year.
Sounds like the motorhome at PPL in Houston.

I personally wouldn't want that door design -- it's too heavy, bulky, and complicated for a door. If you look at it as a movable wall then it's OK I guess.

I mentioned before on a different thread, at the Houston RV Show when Axis/Vegas first came out, the door on one motorhome didn't last an hour or so before a show visitor broke it. That doesn't mean it can't work, but it's not as intuitive as a standard everyday hinged door people know how to operate. It certainly doesn't fall under the KISS principle. But then again, neither are a lot of other design features on modern RVs which is part of why so many new owners keep having problems.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum