Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 10:31 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuthahotha View Post
....cut....

2nd.

Love the coach Gemini 23, but it's a bit limited in storage. Thinking of doing a couple of storage pods on top. The Gemini has a rear projecting slide out so ladder would (probably?) go on the side.

Anyone with experience in getting on top of a Gemini?

THANKS
Not what you asked, but if not already aware you should know that there are many different sizes and types of hitch-mounted carriers that could remain under your slide's elevation for clearance.

I don't know your Transit's hitch weight carrying capacity, or how much weight you plan to carry. You'd also have to consider if it would affect handling significantly by placing weight at very back. On the other hand placing weight over roof may affect handling even worse.

I notice your motorhome has storage at rear already, and if you can't access it from side door, you can always get a carrier that swings to the side. Those are popular with vans and SUVs so owner can access the back doors/tailgate. In your case it should allow the top lid to open while slide is extended.

My van has zero outside storage, so I use a carrier on back on longer trips. I considered a roof rack but didn't want to have to climb up there, or the noise, reduced fuel economy, or increasing the overall height.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum