Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I visited the Thor Class C factory last fall. I don't recall seeing the Freedom Elite at the factory, but I do recall seeing Four Winds and Chateau units being built on the assembly line. The only difference between the two were the decals being applied.

I asked the tour guide what the difference was, and he told me that each "brand" was for a different market, but no real differences.

They did not allow photos at the factory, so I cannot recall if I saw other brands on the line or not.

I do think though that Freedom Elite is made specifically for Camping World, so the potential exists that they might order x number of units with certain specifications that differ from the Four Winds or Chateau coaches.

I do also remember seeing about a dozen Cruise America logo'ed RVs leaving the plant the day we were there (but none on the production line). So those might have also been a special production run. I do believe that there are a few differences with those coaches. The ones I have seen look more "Spartan", but I don't know what all the differences are for sure.

What I am really saying is I don't know for sure, but my guess is it comes down to options.

You are probably going to have to do a detailed walk-around on both brands. The frame, etc. might be the same, but do they both have the same options? Electric vs. Manual awning, Mattress the same? one or two coach batteries, leatherette (fancy name for vinyl) or cloth upholstery? Does it have a spare tire, trailer hitch, and so on. You will likely find your answer in those areas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.