Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 03:35 PM   #8
ghoticov

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guidrys View Post
Your coach should have come with a wiring harness and connector that would mate up to the wiring for a brake controller. My harness was placed inside my Thor "bag o goodies" with the coach manuals and such.

The lights will work correctly, however, the brakes on the trailer will NOT work without an appropriate controller.

The Tekonsha P3 brake controller runs about $100 and its very easy to wire, setup and use. I purchased an additional wiring harness for my truck, so I can use it with either vehicle. I like it because it is easily removed, and stored in my glove compartment.
Thanks! I do have some kind of wiring that is just under the steering wheel and I wonder if its where the previous owner had a brake controller hooked up. I will get a picture of it and post it so you guys can tell me if that is indeed what it is.

But I will need a controller so I will look into the Tekonsha P3 brake controller that you stated. It looks like its about $118 on amazon, thats not bad at all.

Amazon.com: Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control: Automotive

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.