Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #8
RVCampingNut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Congrats on the new purchase. I just took delivery of mine Thursday and just got back from a weekend "use everything" camping trip. So far, no major issues, just someone forgot tu turn on 2 water valves, but I enjoy taking everything apart anyway so I learn everything about the RV and just where components are and how they hook up. Other than those 2 things, I did not have any problems. I did learn one thing from talking to Thor and that is DO NOT operate the slides when you are not plugged in or using the generator. While the slide will move and you may get it in and out once, it takes a lot of power and it may not come all the way in depending on the charge on your battery. My last RV had a small slide and it was OK to just use battery. This full slide is huge and heavy, so I see their recommendation. I had upgraded to a 4 battery setup, but I don't think the batteries were 100% charged, but after driving to the campground, they were.

Overall, I am completely satisfied with this RV. It definitely is better made than my last one and it looks great sitting in the campsite
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum