Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 04:16 AM   #1
saerdna

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #3732
Refrigerator sometimes not working

I thought we had our first honest-to-gosh failure - the refrigerator stopped working (or, more accurately, it wouldn't turn on when we prepared for our weekend outing). The light turns on (solid green), the heating element is heating (either gas or electric), power seems OK (both 12V coming onto the control board, and 110V, I checked both fuses on the control board, but the refrigerator stays at room temperature. I tried any number of power-off/power-on, engine off/engine on combinations with no luck.

So, we went off for a nice weekend trip with a lot of ice in the refrigerator, and using the freezer as storage. Just for chuckles, I decided to turn it on while we were camped, only to find, a few hours later that we had frozen our storage, and the refrigerator worked perfectly. So far, the refrigerator is still working.

I'm not sure how to try to fix something that is working. Has anyone had any experience with loose connectors, or anything else that might cause this?

This is a Norcold N611 in a 2015 Thor Vegas.

Thanks,
Andy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.