Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #8
PEHetzer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27k
State: Arkansas
THOR #1759
Send a message via Skype™ to PEHetzer
Yes, my radio camera stopped working on our trip to the Gran Canyon. I discovered loose connections on the back of the radio. The problem to overcome is the removal of the radio so that you can access its rear connections. You should have received two pieces of flat metal with bent ends when you purchased your RV. These pieces of metal are the tools that allow you to remove the radio.
After removing the trim around the radio which snaps into place, the tools can be inserted mid-centered into the side gap between the radio and its mounting bracket with the bent tab pointing away from the radio. The tools depress a locking snap and then engage the radio which can be removed by pulling on the tools. Remove the radio until there is enough room to get to the rear connections. Remove and reattach each connection. You can test the radio/camera before it is re-installed to assure that it is functional. When you are satisfied with the radio's functionality then you can reinsert it into its mount and push it into position without using the tools. The radio will lock into position requiring only the trim to be replaced.
The rear connections are not very good connections and sometimes I had to remove and replace then a few times before I got the connection to work properly. The entire is not difficult and did not require me to remove power from the coach.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum