Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #17
PEHetzer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27k
State: Arkansas
THOR #1759
Send a message via Skype™ to PEHetzer
We purchased plastic hooks from Walmart that would stick to the corners of the glass window. Walmart has hooks that will stick to the glass, but can be removed if needed.
Then I purchased a small diameter doweling rod from my local hardware store and cut the length long enough to hang in the hooks such that the end of the doweling bumped into the side of the window frame. My wife made short curtains that would cover the upper window and be supported by the doweling rod.
We can remove the curtains by lifting them from the supporting hooks or install them to block the sunlight. The curtains do not interfere with the pull-around shade and look nice from both the inside and outside of the coach.
We also attached long pieces of doweling to the pull-around windshield shade. This allowed us to easily close and open the shade without requiring us to bend over the operators console. A small eyes-crew can be inserted into the end of the doweling and a small clip used to connect fishing leaders to their line used to connect the eyes-crew to the first curtain hanger.
When the window shade is opened all the way, the doweling rod is tucked into the curtain holder along with the curtain. I use a small elastic snubber to secure the last few inches of the curtain to the doweling which prevents the curtain from being sucked out of the window when it is opened while we travel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum