Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I too own a recently new 2014 34E Hurricane, (took delivery November 2013). However, I had one heck of an extensive walk-through at delivery. I would NOT have accepted my coach had there been any noticeable defects.

Since delivery I have had some warranty issues: automatic retracting step broke, overhead bunk Shwintek drive system failure, rear bathroom fan motor replaced, awning drive motor replaced - Thor recall item.

But that's pretty much it. Everything else works fine through over twenty trips and many weeks literally fulltiming with two teenagers since last November.

That being said, the Hurricane is NOT a Prevost/Country Coach/or even a Winnebago. It's built to be VERY functional on a Ford F53 chassis,(even though Thor removes the Ford standard included 22" Alcoa wheels and replaces them with s19" steel for this price point). has a whole lot of included features, but it's not the epitome of motorhome design and build quality. That's why it's an "entry level" motorhome sold out the door for $90k, (that what I paid), and not over six digits!

Everything should be functionally good, and not defective. You should not have accepted a new coach with holes in the rear bathroom floor linoleum. And how in the world is a table post defective? Either it works, or it doesn't. Tighten the set screws on all of your faucet taps, (even Monaco owners MUST do this occasionally), replace your rear tailights so that they don't leak, and remove and replace the stereo yourself, (arrange for the dealer to order a replacement so that you can swap it out under warranty).

I previously backpack camped, and car camped with my son's Scout troop. And moved into the Thor 34E motorhome from a Fleetwood 2004 GTE Niagara PopUp for the past ten years. If you want to complain about build quality and service, visit a Popup owners forum!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum