Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 04:43 AM   #10
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
There's a lot to like about the prospect of 18+mpg from the diesel ... but I recommend you take whatever RV you're considering on a drive to a substantial hill/mountain pass. While on the uphill trek, slow down and see if you can accelerate. Then think about how you'll have the rig loaded especially if planning to drag a toad. When I did this with various small RV options the V10 felt like it had way more power to get up and over hills without being "in the way" on the 2 lane mountain roads we typically travel and this aspect won over mpg.

The other aspect mentioned is taking guests along ... and for that, search and pay close attention to what the real CCC is so you don't have an unsettling surprise when you weigh it and find out its over weight or would be if you add passengers! The CCC specification is sometimes difficult to find and may take some searching and asking. Dry weight plus the weight of all fluids subtracted from GVWR is essentially the Cargo Carry Capacity.

Tank sizes are important for boondock (exploratory fun travel) days and I've talked to many people who wish they had a bigger tank or tanks (water, black, gray, propane, fuel).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum