Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
Ed-Helen pns

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #698
Fresh water sanitation-unexpected results

I was in the process of sanitizing the fresh water tank in our ACE 27.1, added the bleach and let it sit overnight. After draining the system, I put the hose into where you fill up the tank. Turned it on and started some other projects and forgot there was water still going into the tank. All of a sudden there was a big bang from inside the RV. The water tank expanded as more water was going into it than the small overflow tube could handle. The panels were blown off their connections and the center post of the cabinet was busted off where it meets the bottom of the cabinet. The metal support that goes around the middle of the tank separated where it is attached to one of the supports in the cabinet.
The center post would not easily slide back into position. I had to pull hard on the top rail of the cabinet and my DW pushed the post back into place. Used some 90 degree els to hold it in place.
Not a lot of work to fix, but just a lot of aggravation.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum