Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 07:19 PM   #13
jacksmi

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #2954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Our last coach had struts under the master bed,, but over the years they failed. Kept a short broom handle under there to prop it open. After I put on new struts, didnt need it.

If you have dealers with used RVs, you can probably find some beds with struts. Look at a few for ideas. Particle board is common under the mattress. I've never seen one with special hinges or braces. To order, you'll need to know the length and the lift force needed.
Particle board would have been OK. This frame is pressboard, in other words pressed paper fibers. It is also only about a half inch thick. 1/2 screws into pressboard does not tolerate much force. The solution was to run a 2x2 under the pressboard where the hinges attach. Then I used longer screws to go through the pressboard and into the 2x2.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum