Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Hot in Oklahoma
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 12:00 PM   #16
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Condensation is a sign that the AC is removing a lot of humidity from the air, which adds to cooling load beyond just cooling the air inside the motorhome.

In dryer climates where air has low relative humidity, like out west, the AC should keep up easier given same air temperatures.

I would not personally open a roof vent on a regular basis (while air conditioning) to let warmer inside air out. Chances are the air inside is cooler than that outside air, and if you let air out a vent it has to be made up from outside. Plus the outside air is humid which adds to AC load.
Chance .. agree with you .. I suggested the vent only as a short, temporary exit of extreme heat. The condensation emitted from our a/c is, I would say average.

Hud..right now, since we are in the driveway, not running a/c, I cannot tell you temp inside unit with a/c running. Will report same tomorrow when we begin loading for trip. In addition, I will check interior temp,(without a/c), later today, and let you know ...
Last night, unbelievably cool ! We are supposed to have rain today. Just hope it doesn't turn into severe weather !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.