Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 03:21 AM   #10
UX108

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXKara View Post
I've been online researching all sorts of RV's over the past year, and didn't get serious about a purchase until this spring. Originally wanted to go with a diesel class C, then a small diesel Class-A.

After weeks of hassle in trying to get straight answers on used vehicles, I saw that for 10K more, I could get a brand new 2016 Thor Vegas 24.1 that has everything I wanted and more.

I contacted 4 dealerships, compared their best out the door price, and put a deposit on one and I get to pick it up in about a week. Amazing!

Thanks to everyone in this Thor forum who made my decision making so much easier. I get that I can't expect perfect, but I can take my time and closely inspect everything before it gets off the dealers lot. I get that the first year may involve a lot of mini-repairs and de-bugging.

I'm already looking into installing a safe-t-plus steering stabilizer so I can get it through the rockies back to Portland.

Exciting!! Looking forward to swapping stories with all of you!

--Kara
I strongly recommend you personally verify that each and every component be tested to ensure it works before you drive off the lot. I purchased a new 2015 Vegas 24.2 from Golden, CO and although I had every intention of checking everything out while getting my walk-around orientation, I left the excitement beat me and I was/am quite disappointed in the quality of my RV.

It wasn't raining so I failed to check out the wipers and windshield washer, when I did it didn't work; when I tried to operate and figure out the configuration of the 3 TVs (cable/satellite/DVD, etc.), they did not function as expected; the console a/c fan does not function in all speeds (fan only works on low); half of the exterior LEDs do not function; every single cable connection behind the TVs and behind the walls connected to the two splitters were not even hand tight; it took me writing on this forum and two service techs in St. George about an hour or two in order to figure out where all the water lines/valves were hidden behind panels and duct work to get my water system running, so living 200+ miles from the dealership I bought it at and their service department's filled schedule, I am now kicking myself in the butt. Good luck with your RV. I hope you don't experience the problems I encountered after I got home and on the road. Don't let the tech rush you. P.s. If you have air mattresses, inflate them during orientation. Both of mine were new in the box but had leaks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.