Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #15
DocMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Welcome to the new 24.1 Vegas/Axis owners. Safe and happy travels.

The floor plan works great for the two of us and a couple of large Lab dogs! We are now 13 months into ownership and just returned home from three days (Catawba Falls Campground, Old Fort NC, catawbafalls.com) in the NC mountains 1 mile from the waterfall that is the headwaters of the Catawba River!!

GMazz and others,

If this is your Rookie year I would recommend Learning the black water game with just clean water in the tanks the first time (and wear gloves). I did not do that and thru some very "colorful" OJT learned real fast how to make a mistake and the value of a helpful neighbor camper!

Reader's Digest for the Black /Gray water issue:
When you open the septic bay and look in you will see the opening on the discharge tube is pretty much horizontal in alignment. Fortunately it will rotate and point down, but that is made easier with two pre-rotation steps.
With the valves all left closed remove the end cap (it is attached with a cord so it is not going anywhere). The end cap on my unit touches the floor of the storage bay and gets in the way.
On the floor of the bay is a big round plug that will - eventually - twist and leave a nice hole for the discharge tube to rotate down and point out the bottom.
Now, connect the sewer hose up thru the hole and the other end into the septic tank provided at the campsite.

If this is a trial run with just water, then open the black water first and let the suff flow. Close the black and open the gray water and let it flow and help rince out the leftovers from the black water. Put chemicals in per instructions for the gray and black tanks.

If this is a real dumping, I like to have the black water and gray water tanks at 2/3 full (and use gloves). Until I get a fancy flushing unit installed I have a second hose line that I run into the bathroom and fill the black water to 2/3rds full (holding onto the hose and keeping the hose end where you can see it). Once the meter says 2/3 full I open the black water valve and let it flow still using the second hose line for a couple minutes of additional rince. Then close black water (hose still filling thru the toliet) I open the gray water and let it go until all done. Turn on kitchen sink and add more fresh water into the gray tank and continue flush for a minute or so. Then turn off sink, close gray water drain and reopen black water tank and let the last of the "fresh" water flush out. Once all is done, disconnet the "Stinky Slinky", the compartment gets sprayed down with diluted chlorox, rinsed out, caps replaced, the "stinky slinky" gets a bucket of diluted chlorox poured into it before being disconnected from the septic tank.

This all takes several minutes but unlike the first "dumping" back in July 2015 I do not have the thrills and smells in the RV.

I have been thinking of flushing the diluted Chlorox thru the toliet and black tank but not sure about that???? So any more senior RV's please feel free to comment.

The next mystery, the Axeera AV614BH Radio.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum