Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #16
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
If this is a real dumping, I like to have the black water and gray water tanks at 2/3 full (and use gloves). Until I get a fancy flushing unit installed I have a second hose line that I run into the bathroom and fill the black water to 2/3rds full (holding onto the hose and keeping the hose end where you can see it). Once the meter says 2/3 full I open the black water valve and let it flow still using the second hose line for a couple minutes of additional rince.
Why not just run the bathroom sink until the black tank says 2/3 full since the sink also runs to the black tank? (granted you're not getting the "rinsing" action you would if you are using pressurized water going into the toilet but if you are just filling the sink works)
Quote:
I have been thinking of flushing the diluted Chlorox thru the toliet and black tank but not sure about that???? So any more senior RV's please feel free to comment.
We try to keep any bleach solutions away from the black tank in the event that the bleach prevents the black tank chemicals from doing their job--especially if you buy the enzyme stuff. I have no evidence that this happens though so it could be complete hokum!
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.