Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #16
sepesce

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
Dear Karen,

Carpe Diem! I applaud you for seizing the moment!!! We were going to wait until retirement to purchase a class B or B+. After almost 2 years of reading and searching the blogs (and driving my husband crazy) it occurred to me one day that I should not put it off. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? I switched my thinking.... since we have two teenagers, we needed a larger coach but I still did not want a really large coach, just the right size coach and so we purchased the Axis 24.1. After a couple of trips, I am so glad we did , we are having a blast with the kids along.

That being said, if it were just myself or just my husband and myself, I would probably downsize to a B or a B+ . I personally would trade off larger size , for comfortable drivability and better gas mileage. Everyone is different and size is a very personal choice.

I know from reading the blogs there are a community of singles out there traveling in their RV's , it sounds like most of them are women. Perhaps women are just more willing to blog about their experience, so it seems larger. You may have already discovered this during your research, but I would encourage you to check out Roadtreking - Roadtreking : The RV Lifestyle Blog. Mike & Jennifer Wendlend have a very professional website and podcast that provides a lot of valuable information about the small motorhome lifestyle (not just about Roadtreks). They also have reporters who post, including Janet Arnold who writes about her experiences as a solo traveler.

Last week we were just pulling into the Mammoth Cave NP parking lot and a class B+ was pulling in at the same time. I noticed it was a single woman and started up a conversation , admiring her coach. I discovered that she is a solo traveler who has lived in her RV traveling around the U.S. for 3 years! Impressive, personally I think that takes courage and admired her. I bet she has lots of great stories!

Let us know how it turns out.

I wish you best of luck and safe, happy travels !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum