Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 05:24 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieL64 View Post
What about using quick dry or something to soak it up? I found a mobile RV repair guy that will come out but that doesn't take care of the carpet issue, any thoughts on this?
Sorry to hear; hopefully he can get you going again quickly. Since information is so important going forward, I'd ask a couple of question if at all possible.

I would ask why the hose came off or blew. While I know very little about these systems, it's hard to imagine that there would normally be significant pressure while driving down the road. If the hose got caught on something on the highway the problem is very different than if it's a malfunction that could repeat even if the hose is replaced. The best case scenario from my perspective would be if you drove over something without knowing it. If so, the damage should indicate it.

From your description that the leak started after you turned the system on, and after you had heard a loud noise, it would suggest to me that it got caught on something that ripped it off, or got hit by something a tire kicked up. Just a guess on my part.

I would also ask him that while under the coach to see if he can tell how the fluid got inside the motorhome in the first place. Eventually you may want to address that issue. On my previous Class C the floor was not sealed hardly at all between the cab and coach -- I could stick my finger through opening. While your motorhome is a lot nicer and built much better than what I had, I'd look to see how hydraulic fluid got inside so easily.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.